Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My feet ache to do pas de chats.

What happened to my Wednesdays? I used to look forward to them because I could relieve the stress of school and life through dance. I loved every minute of that hour and fifteen minute class. I really do miss it. The feel of the smooth barre beneath my hand. The sound of my pointe shoes piqueing across the floor. The ability to let go and just feel the music flowing through me. I'm holding one of my ballet slippers as we speak, and it is bringing tears to my eyes. I love this little canvas shoe with all my heart. The wear and tear shown on the bottom of it only strengthens my desire to put it on and just do a single pirouette. Dance was a big part of my life and I wish it still was. What I would give to just lose myself in that dance studio one more time. Au revoir, loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment