Monday, August 24, 2009

"Sometimes 'goodbye' is a second chance."

So, today, I had to do probably one of the hardest things in my life. I had to say goodbye to my family because I am now living on my own. I know they are only a short train ride away, but I feel like there are WORLDS between us. I just told them that I love them and miss them, and I cried my eyes out for a while. But, now, I feel okay. I feel like I can do this. I feel like I am capable of standing on my own two feet and living my life to the fullest. I am in one of the most exciting cities in the world, and I love having my windows open and listening to the blaring horns, the sounds of traffic, and people chit-chatting! I cannot wait to further explore my new backyard! Anyways, my new school is great as well! They have tons of stuff to offer, and I'm actually excited for the semester to start in a few days! My roommate is really nice! She's very easy to talk to and I know we are going to become great friends! On the plus side, I already have a few great friends from my old school so I don't feel so alone. So, I will keep you updated on how my new life is, and, until later, au revoir, loves!

1 comment:

  1. Gina, i know ul do great! good luck, i love you, and im always a phone call away! i miss you already, i feel like your worlds away to!

    ReplyDelete